By Leslie Greffenius (originally published on Beyond the Margins) I wrote the first draft of my novel quickly and was high on it. When I handed out the first twenty-five pages to my workshop group, I had to resist the impulse to attach the list of songs I’d selected for when the novel would be [...]
By Kathy Crowley (originally published on Beyond the Margins) “Thus, we notice after exercising our muscles or our brain in a new way, that we can do so no longer at that time; but after a day or two of rest, when we resume the discipline, our increase in skill not seldom surprises us. I [...]
By Nichole Bernier (originally published on Beyond the Margins) Feedback on a novel is invaluable. It can also be confusing, and spiral in so many directions that the writer barely recognizes his or her own characters. This can happen through workshopping, or feedback while you’re submitting to agents and editors. How could anyone think this [...]
By Stephanie Ebbert I feel so misunderstood. I just read the written comments from the most recent critique of my novel and I fear some of my fellow writers didn’t like my narrator. They didn’t get her. Could it be that their own issues distort their understanding of my glistening prose? I’m afraid not. The [...]
Search this site
- Slaying Genre: Do You Believe In Magic? May 16, 2013
- Pep Talk: Ways to Announce That You’re a Successful, Unpublished Writer (And Have The World Agree) May 16, 2013
- The Gestation Period May 15, 2013
- Do Elephants Cry? May 15, 2013
- Writer On The Road: Wherever. Because I Have Skype. December 22, 2011
- Within Spitting Distance: William Giraldi, Alix Ohlin, and the Book of the Damned August 21, 2012
- It’s Not About the Money July 12, 2011
- Writer on the Road: Kansas. The Black Room January 27, 2012
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store: LV Outlet Online Real...
- 11 editing tips | FlashMemoirs: [...] you’re hungry for more, this excellent...
- Sue Williams: Thank you so much, Kaila and Robin! What wonderfu...
- Robin: This is one of the best Grub posts I have ever rea...